Current version: 3.0.0
Please complete the following form to download this software.
Processes raw frames generated by direct detection cameras. Available features include:
- Flat-field (dark/gain) correction,
- Motion correction of whole frames,
- Motion correction of subregions from frames,
- Motion correction of individually boxed particles,
- Extraction of boxed regions-of-interest,
- Damage compensation (radiation damage filtering),
- Generation of various sums of individual frames,
- Bad row/column correction,
- Filtering of “hot” pixels,
- Typical processing steps such as edge-normalization, inversion, oversampling, etc.
This program requires EMAN2 (Tang et al., J Struct Biol 157 (2007), pp. 38-46). EMAN2 is freely available from: http://blake.bcm.edu/emanwiki/EMAN2.
Run this program from the command line. Specify command line options (see below), the output directory, and a list of input directories (or image stacks if –input_type=stacks is specified). Input directories should be the directories automatically saved by a Direct Electron camera (e.g., the input directories should contain files such as “info.txt”, “FinalImage.tif”, “RawImage_0.tif”, etc.) Alternatively, input stacks should be MRC stacks of direct detection camera frames.
DE_process_frames.py [options] <output directory> <input directories>
A complete list of command line options are available by typing:
Parameters for the script can be specified either through command-line options or by using a configuration file (named DE_process_frames.cfg, in the working directory).
If you choose to use a configuration file, you can generate a file containing all the default parameters by running: